Suspect In Oikos University Massacre Refusing to Eat

By: Ja'Mein Beale - Mon, 23 Apr 2012 15:02:21 -0800

DUBLIN (BCN)--The man accused of killing seven people and wounding three others  in a shooting rampage at Oakland's Oikos University earlier this month is  refusing to eat and has been placed in a jail infirmary, an Alameda County  sheriff's spokesman said Monday.
     
One Goh, 43, has not eaten since he was booked into jail after the  April 2 shooting, sheriff's spokesman Sgt. J.D. Nelson said. 
     
Nelson said doctors at the jail are continuing to monitor his  health and are evaluating his medical condition daily. 
     
Classes resumed Monday at the Christian university on Edgewater Drive for the first time since the shooting, which occurred at about 10:30  a.m. on April 2. 
     
Goh, a 43-year-old Korean national who lived in Oakland, has been  charged with seven counts of murder, three counts of attempted murder and  other charges. 
     
Goh is a former student who had left the school voluntarily.  Prosecutors have said he appears to have wanted a refund of his tuition, and  may have been targeting an administrator who was not present the day of the  shooting. 
     
He allegedly fled the campus in a car belonging to one of the  victims, but was arrested in Alameda a short time later after he confessed to  a Safeway security guard that he had just shot several people, according to  police. 
     
Those killed were students Lydia Sim, 21, Sonam Choedon, 33, Grace  Kim, 23, Doris Chibuko, 40, Judith Seymour, 53, and Tshering Bhutia, 38, and  administrator Katleen Ping, 24. 
     
Goh, who is being held without bail, is scheduled to return to  court April 30 to enter a plea. 
 
(Copyright 2012, Bay City News. All Rights Reserved.)  
      
blog comments powered by Disqus